Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Body Bugg

I first saw it on The Biggest Loser, a device strapped to someones arm that tracked how much weight they gained or lost each day. At first it made no sense, I couldn't figure out how it worked.  How did it know if I lost weight? It made me curious enough that I had to do a little research...
I have a membership at 24-Hour fitness and I asked the front desk about the Body Bugg and they pointed me Here.  It explains how it works better than I could but let's just say I was convinced that my friend' needed one.  She was setting out to lose over 200 pounds and this seemed like a great tool to help her get started. (you can follow her on Twitter at SashaBlaze or on a women's blog Well, You Know How Women Are...

After I saw the success she had with it I had to try one of my own.  It was $199 which was a big commitment, but on top of that you had to pay for the online subscription to enter all your food.  It is a little expensive but it kept me committed to entering the data and wearing the device daily. There are a few great things about this program and a few I'd like to change:


What I like:
  1) It is accurate:  When I started faithfully wearing the device and entering my food it was accurately representing what was happening with my body
2) It holds me accountable:  When you don't lose the weight it says you should lose based on your food intake and calories burned, it tel ls you you are lying!  Well, it says you are not accurately logging your food or not taking measurements correctly but it calls you out!
3) It's easy:  You wear it, sleep in it, just take it off to shower.  Log your food or enter your recipes and it tracks the rest

What I'd change:
1) Make it waterproof:  I want to wear it while I am swimming.  I train for triathlons and taking it off for the swim is inconvenient and I just don't wear it for the event, a real loss when tracking calories burned
2) Let me enter my food from my phone: I think they may have corrected this one for the iPhone but my phone will still not let me enter data online - what a shame
3) Reduce the packaging.  Although not excessive, it does come in a box with flaps and multiple books with lots of pages.  I would like to see less packaging and more info online

Overall it is a great tool for weight loss and I would recommend it to anyone.  It scored a 30/40 Good Stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment