Sunday, February 20, 2011

Joyce Chen Spiral Slicer

Have you ever heard of zucchini spaghetti?  I tried it once at a vegetarian restaurant and thought it was great.  It is a light spaghetti-look-alike that is healthy and fast.  But how do you make a zucchini into those thin strings?


I called a kitchen friend and they recommended the Joyce Chen Spiral Slicer, and at less than $20 I happily picked one up.  The device came in a plastic bag snugly fit into a lightweight cardboard box.  It looked a little flimsy and I was not sure it was going to hold up.  I say this after nearly two years of using the product.  It has not batteries, no plug, it's a hand crank and sharp blades (safely covered) and does the job fast.  It slices onions and that keeps the tears from my eyes. I enjoy using it, it's easy to clean and it makes it easy to make alternatives to high carb pasta.  Don't let the kids put it in the dishwasher (which I found out the hard way).

Overall I like the simplicity of this device including it's non-electrical aspect and gave it 30/40. 
It is Good Stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment